The Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) is a 2 days course providing those with supervisory responsibilities, working within the construction industry, with the knowledge of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues. The CITB SSSTS course is valid for 5 years.
The achievement of the course will increase students knowledge and awareness of:
- health and safety law and how it will applies to supervisors duties
- supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
- risk assessments and the requirements for method statements
- effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings to be carried out
- monitoring site activities effectively
- timely intervention when bad practice is identified